Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Monday, July 25, 2016

Printing Time

The summer has been ticking by and I've been trying to get a head start on few things I need to prepare for the new school year.

I'm starting by making copies of my Monthly Printing Assessment Journal.

I use my Assessment Journal to keep track of my students fine motor and printing skills each month.  Since most of my students have speech and language disabilities, I find that fine motor difficulties are more likely to be an issue when they come to school. 

I start by getting the children to color the front cover.



They then put their name on the front.  

I sometimes get children who can't print their name when they get to school and these are kids that show the most progress.


Each month I get them to fill out the appropriate pages.
I usually take a small group at a time and I guide them through each section.   I find this keeps me accountable because we don't want to miss a month.






It's amazing to see the progress as the months go by.  I also love to have the book handy for parent interviews.  It's also a wonderful keepsake at the end of the year for parents to keep.







No comments: