Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Sunday, February 12, 2017

More Pigs

Pigs, pigs and more pigs.  

My kids are totally into pigs right now, so I decided to make up some more pig books.  

I love making interactive books.  Designed especially for my SPED students, I find that interactive books improve expressive and receptive language skills while allowing my students with poor fine motor and attention skills to participate.  Interactive books also allow children with no verbal skills to participate in the reading process by using eye gaze.

I made three different books so my students could work on number skills at the same time.
The first one has a blank spot in the sentence that the kids have to put the right number in.


Count the pigs and add the number.


Switch the numbers for number words if your students are working on words.


The second and third books are the same (one has the number word and the other the numeral).  In these books, the children have to add the right number of pigs to match the sentence.  There's a surprise at the end of the book.




My students always like to make their own books too, so I also made black and white take home versions.


I also made some flash cards.  I find them handy for students to refer to.






No comments: