Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Monday, January 23, 2012

What to do when it's due tomorrow?

This post isn't about my class but about one of my kids.  On the weekend my oldest, who is in grade six said, "Mum, I have to make a 3D model of the universe". 

I said, "Sorry, I am NOT buying that many Styrofoam balls.  Are you sure you don't just have to do the planets?". 

He thought that yes, maybe it was just the planets and the sun. 

Well as life goes, we forgot all about it.  YIKES.  This is project is now due tomorrow and we have no 3D model. 

I did a quick Internet search (thank goodness for the Internet) and found this great website Crafts For Kids that had wonderful instructions for making a 3D model.

So I bought the Styrofoam balls and we got out the paint and the toothpicks and the brushes and wooden dowels.......

 We  He painted the balls and we let them dry (thank goodness it didn't take long).


 We cut the dowels to the right lengths depending on the distance to the sun.


 And stuck all the planets into the sun.  Phew! I wonder how he's going to get it to school?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I completely remember my mom lecturing me on procrastinating....I feel certain you have earned breakfast in bed!

Rowdy in First Grade