Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Monday, October 15, 2012

Stone Soup

When we were at the farmer's market on Friday we picked up some great vegetables.

Carrots, parsnips, potatoes, onions, beans and garlic.






 What to do with all these vegetables?  Make Stone Soup of course.

We read two versions of the story.

Stone Soup by Jon Muth



 and Bone Button Borscht by Aubrey Davis.
We peeled and chopped all the vegetables and tomorrow we will be putting them in a pot to make our stone soup.


7 comments:

Miss Angel said...

A great activity, and also a great way to get kids to eat their vegetables and enjoy it! :D

Lisa said...

You've been Boo-ed! Jump over to my blog to see how to Boo another special blogger!

Lisa
The Lower Elementary Cottage

Unknown said...

awesome!! i love to incorporate cooking in my lessons!!

-- Kathy

life skills in texas!

Unknown said...

That's awesome! What great fine motor skills to work on all that peeling and cutting! I'm sure your kids loved it :)

- Sasha
The Autism Helper

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

Great activity... I Boo-ed YA! Hop over to my blog and see that you have OFFICALLY been boo-ed this Halloween!!

:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

Kate said...

I just boo'd you!
http://funinecse.blogspot.com/2012/10/bood-linky.html
Let me know what unit you would like from my tpt store!
Kate
http://funinecse.blogspot.com/

Teach With Laughter said...

What a wonderful activity! I love the story Stone Soup!