Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer read for fun

It's been a long time since I've read a book in a day.  But isn't that what summer is for?  My friend lent me this book during the school year but I never seemed to find the time to pick it up.  Yesterday, I decided that I needed something to read and picked this one up.




"Left Neglected" is about a women who has it all, and is trying to do it all.  She has a great job, a wonderful husband and three beautiful kids.  She is also trying to juggle all three.  Then one day, she is distracted while driving and it all comes to an end.  Waking up in the hospital with an acquired brain injury called "left neglect" she is forced to deal with not being aware of anything on her left side. Sarah is forced to re-examine her life and come to terms with the people and parts of her life that matter most.

It's a very easy read and the story grabbed me from the beginning. I couldn't put it down until it was finished. If you need something heart-warming and thought provoking that doesn't take a lot to get into, this is book for you.

What have you been reading this summer?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed Left Neglected, too. Lisa Genova also wrote Still Alice, about a Harvard University professor in her fifties who is diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer's. It's a powerful story, written from the woman's perspective. I consider it a must-read, but be forewarned that it will affect you in some way, whether you know someone with the disease or not.
~Amy Marie

Growing a Teacher said...

Left Neglected sounds good. I may have to check that out if summer doesn't run out on me. This summer I read Shine On by Allison Jewel, who is actually a friend of mine. You can find it on Amazon. It's a love story set in KY during the 20's and prohibition. Emmie, the main character finds herself immersed in a world of moonshine, speakeasies, and falling for the "bad boy.". I loved it and couldn't put it down. The sequel, Rise and Shine just came out on Amazon yesterday and I can't wait to read it. But, I have to finish Teach Like a Pirate first. :-)

Renee J
Growing a Teacher

cindi said...

I have read both left neglected and still alice. Both brilliant books, from a readers' enjoyment point of view. I read two books in two days a few weeks ago. I'm getting so old I tend to forget them soon after I read them, so sometimes I just reread a book and don't realize til halfway through it that I've read it. Have to say that after rteading Still Alice I was watching constantly for signs of Alzheimers. I read Defending Jacob by William Landay and a Kristin Hannah book, can't remember which one. I love reading Kristin Hannah and Jodi Picoult in the summer.
Cindi
Diary of a Grateful Teacher

A Special Kind of Class said...

Thanks for the suggestions ladies. I will have to check out your recommendations.

Mandy