Home Home About Me Products Freebies Contact Pinterest TPT Bloglovin Instagram Facebook

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Interactive Books - The Enormous Turnip

I'm so excited that I finally finished my newest interactive book.

"The Enormous Turnip" was a favourite of my students this past year.
We even did it as a play for the parents at the end of the year.

When I saw this beautiful clip art, I just knew I had to make it into an interactive book.



There are 6 books in total.  Two of the books just have the story, one more detailed than the other.  I read the detailed one to the children a few times.  The top edge of the book is cut out to reveal a new character each time you turn the page.  When the children know the story, I switch to the simple book, which is easy enough for the children to read themselves.



The next two books have movable words.  The first book allows the children to put the name of the character on the correct page.  The other book has the children working on the word "pulled".



This is my favourite book.  As the story is read, the children find the correct character and put them on the story board.







The last book has the children adding the whole sentence to the correct page of the story.

All 6 books, along with flash cards are on sale for 1/2 price until tomorrow.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

interactive books are my FAVORITE!!!!! Thank you for sharing, I love how you have put this one together!!